Junk Bonanza ~ 2014


It has come and it has gone.

I have been doing a booth at Junk Bonanza for years...
every year, when I am preparing, I am super excited...
At the end, I am exhausted, and I say " never again "

It is a 3 day event, but for me it is a 7 - 9 day ordeal.

2 - 4 days of pre-bonanza.
... last minute buying, tagging, painting and packing.
Then there is a day of boxing, wrapping - preparing for departure.
A day of  hauling everything to the curb, hauling everything into the truck, hauling everything out of the truck, then set-up, staging ! Staging ! Staging!

Finally, a finished project. Joy and excitement.
5 days of work and exhaustion and we haven't even started the EVENT.

3 long days of selling.
selling... hauling ...re-stage...
and at the end of the 3rd day...
haul everything that didn't sell back to the truck ...load.... drive back to the Barn...unload !!  Now my Barn is a complete mess... SO NOW... I get to work another day putting the Barn back together...
 Good Lord

And the entire time... I am on vacation (from my real job) VACATION !!  Who in their right mind ....





Lola was photographed at least 600 times.
I am sure you will see Lola floating around on pinterest 


We always try for a French inspired theme...




Linda brought some Fabulous Furniture pieces ....
all painted with the Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.


The yellow chest was the first to sell


my French Poem wall drape was fabulous behind all of Linda's french themed dressers



The ironstone piece was so sweet 



sold. sold. sold.


This is Timothy, I found him for my collection. 

You can visit Lola, Wilma and now Timothy at the Barn !!

I have more photos to come...
check out Facebook also...

Off I go to the barn... see you soon.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I was exhausted from just listening to how busy you've been.
I used to be able to do all the hauling, etc. to do Art shows. Not anymore, now I go and enjoy them.
Hope it was all your heart desired.
The photos are wonderful.

Unknown said...

You got so many great pictures of our booth! I confess I am still worn out, two days later. But it was great fun sharing a booth with you. Junk Bonanza is an experience like none other. Thanks again Lori!

lori miller vintage design co said...

Jan you said it .... time to go enjoy the shows!!!

lori miller vintage design co said...

Linda I agree... it takes a week to recover and get the Barn back together.

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...