Spring is in the air


Spring is in the air.
I am in Minnesota and I can feel it.

For all you shop keepers, I hope you have the green plants growing within your displays.
It doesn't matter if you sell the plants or just set them out for a breath of fresh air.
This time of year ... it is a must.

The little green heads will bring a smile to your customers faces.



Even the little itty bitty ones.
I love them mixed in with as much gardening elements as available.
If you don't have any vintage pieces laying around, use natural elements like bits of mulch or little piles of dirt. All of it will inspire and make everyone who sees it feel good.

When you are at market buy as many little spring extras as you can.
These succulent candles came prepackaged together.
The package stunk and the price point was too high... not exactly what I remembered ordering at the time.
The only thing to do is Open the package and let the creativity happen....
...not to mention a little $4 candle is easier to stomach for some guests vs. $16 - $20 for the boxed set.





I used to get a lot of crap from my sales associates for the little bags of dirt I would mix into my vignettes. 
(at the very bottom of the picture)
 They were all priced...something silly like $2.95 a bag.
I don't remember if I sold any, but they were cute and people smiled when they picked them up.
They were Just a little extra for visual stimulation.
...like a stack of plates within the plants... my little bit of whimsy... something out of the ordinary.
(I am really starting to miss doing my vignettes)
(.. maybe someone in town needs help whipping their shop into shape...)


These recycled paper pots are some of my favorites.







This time of year it is fun to play in the dirt... definitely, indoor planting, but bits of green growth are invigorating.  
From one shop keeper to another, it doesn't matter if you have a brick and mortar shop, a booth or a pop up shop, get those plants and bulbs going.... 

- LM

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We aren't quite done with winter here in the south, even thought we have had a very mild winter! I can't wait to play in the dirt!


Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
Rebecca

Katie Mansfield said...

Cute vignettes. I love the baggies of dirt. So precious.

lori miller vintage design co said...

Playing in the dirt sounds wonderful Rebecca!

lori miller vintage design co said...

Katie, the bags of dirt are just a vimsical addition to the vignette, but cute indeed.

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...