Summer Activity


It has been a whirlwind of activity at the Barn this past week.
For all you shop owners out there, isn't it true, when you are gone all the big items sell. Or should I say... the main item in a certain vignette sells, which in turn destroys the look and the whole thing needs to be re-done. We also had a huge buffet, one that is a mainstay... It has been here since I started the Pottin' Company. Well it SOLD. Out the door she went.... Aaah, lots of change.  At my shop, a big piece is usually 5 layers deep with extra product, so it's a BIG deal when it goes out the door.
Anyway, fun times...
Just in time for the flip to Autumn.... 



Not that I am bringing out pumpkins just yet... but soon. 

As for where I went ...I was gone for a week - Atlanta ... on a buying trip.

For those of you who read the blog regularly, know I normally go to Atlanta in January. Last January I was actually  toying with the idea of selling the business.  Eek ! I said it out loud !  So with that said, I did not do any buying for 4th quarter.  As summer approached, I realized I better get busy or I would have an empty Barn come September.   Not acceptable !!

So I bought plane tickets, booked a room, grabbed my mom, met my sister ( she drives from Charleston, SC) and spent a ton of money !! Ate and drank !! Laughed and had a blast !!
Atlanta is quite nice in July and travel was easier then  going in January and fighting the snow and ice.

Can't wait to show you my finds !
Things are already arriving...




I love this vintage chair.
I originally purchased it for my house...
 You know how it goes, not everything can come home with me.



my crowned creatures are new ... first arrivals.
Oh yes, I already have items arriving daily, I think boxes were stacked up when I arrived home.


So cute.




More stories and more photos tomorrow.

I must say we are selling paint like crazy.  Everyone is busy doing projects !!  I love it!!  The Miss Mustard seed's paint line is a huge success in this part of town.

ta-ta for now !

Lori - RBPCo.

2 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

I want to come shop! So many goodies here!

lori miller vintage design co said...

It's definitely a destination shop. A great way to spend an afternoon.

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...