The last walk through


(archive picture )

To start, no, we do not have snow on the ground today. It is actually going to be 70 degrees today and full sunshine. I just wanted to show my Barn one last time and this was one of the photos from my files. 

 I walked through for the last time and I have to tell you ....she has literally been picked clean.  If you have ever heard the line "a store closing sale is one of the best sales you will ever have" - they aren't kidding.

My account joked and said, "you should have done this every year."



When I locked the doors for the last time, I was as happy as the day I opened for the first time.  Both events were the start of something new. Both events, seriously, gave me that tickley good feeling in my stomach.  I had a huge smile that day, as I do now just writing this. It takes courage to follow your dreams.... opening a shop on my own... and it also takes courage to close the doors and feel accomplished in doing so.  I hope you all get the chance... bite the bullet to follow your dreams. Life is short and it doesn't have to be a forever choice, just a one time choice. It's good to jump out of the protective box we enclose ourselves in...

Anyway, enough of me....
... back to the Barn and my last walk through.






Yes the buggy stays. It is the property of those that own the Barn.

Some of you maybe didn't know I had a 1800's buggy inside the Barn ... always buried 6 feet deep in product....but it has always been here.


It amazes me when I see the pictures. It is a giant of a space. It holds a ton of product. When a new shop owner comes knocking, I hope they have deep pockets. It will be a huge investment to make this place look full again. Kudos to them.... I can't wait until my Barn  this Barn, has life again.

On my end. I am already thinking of things to do...
Lists to start...
planning...
things I have put off...
projects....

In the mean time, I will try and do some creative blogging...none of this once a month stuff. It is Fall after all, one of my favorite times to Vignette.  We are also planning a trip to the local Apple orchard .... a great excuse to grab my camera. 


My last vignette at the Barn.... haha... I couldn't help myself. Ashley always said I would be vignetting until my last steps were taken ...I guess she was right !! This was the only deconstructed chair that didn't find a home. I put a free sign and left some beautiful dried peonies. From me to you.



No comments:

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...