Time to explore


One of my signs now resides on my front Patio.
I think it looks right at home with my lovely Ms. Terra Cotta.

This weekend, I was working at the hospital, but we had time to sneak off to the Apple orchard, with my mom, for some sunshine and Fall goodness.


The Pine tree apple orchard is located in White Bear Lake. At first I thought, Pine tree apple orchard...what a funny name for an orchard, but the orchard sits on the banks of Pine Tree Lake. Makes perfect sense now !!  On the grounds, which are beautiful, are gardens, picnic and lounge areas, a corn maze, hay rides, pumpkin patch and of course Apple trees. Miles and miles of exploration. They also have a bakery on site with both fresh and frozen you-bake-yourself goodies, a gift shop and showroom. 







Actors in their Regal costumes, getting ready to put on a little show down by the lake.

The day that we went it was not Fall-like weather, it was actually 85 degrees. A little too warm for me... and the Japanese lady bugs were out by the thousands. The little lady bugs are not the variety we had growing up .... the cute little red ones. OH NO ... these guys are orange-yellow in color, if there is one -  there is one thousand, and they bite !! Nasty little things. 

Once you got into the orchards they were not around so we could relax and enjoy the scenery. 
- Nothing but blue skies and apple trees


Certain parts of the orchards were picked clean, but where we were walking, the trees were plump with apples waiting to be picked.



We passed on the corn maze - again too hot, and we were getting thirsty.
The pumpkin patch was full of families with little wee-ones running wild with big smiles on their faces. Searching for that perfect pumpkin.


Once at home, after we had taken time out for a delicious Oktoberfest beer, I had fun with some of my own Fall goodies. Nothing like a little inspiration from nature.



... and then for breakfast we enjoyed some of the fruits of our labors....no I didn't bake these, but we did have to haul all of our Apple Goodness to the car.


I love apple butter !! 
Now that I am home, I wish I would have grabbed more.

We also bought a couple of pies, some apple cookies, apple bars and some strawberries.


Fall. 
What a great time of year.
It's funny because this morning it is dark, windy and super cold outside...

Watching the leaves fall - and Loving it.
Only in Minnesota.




3 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing your excursion!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It was a beautiful weekend and looks like you had fun! I don't like those beetles either, they were biting me this weekend while doing yard work. Cute little fox.
deb

lori miller vintage design co said...

Thanks ladies, I'm so glad you enjoyed the post.

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...