Open house / Garden tour ~ part 1

For those of you who missed the open house, I promised pictures on my next post.
As I was taking pictures I immediately realized this was going to take some time and multiple posts. Before I get started I want to say Thank You to all of you who took time out of your day to attend the tour. I hope you all had a wonderful time. I had soooo much fun, I can't wait to do it again. It was a learning experience for me, so the next one will be better and run smoother then ever. You know what they say...if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.



As you enter the front patio... welcome
My goal was to give everyone decorating ideas for a variety of summer entertaining. Anywhere from weddings, showers, graduation open houses or just summer dinner parties.


As you are setting up, the last finishing touches should be fresh cuttings from the garden or local farmers market.






vintage items house my plants and my bar...

we were ready for some kind of fun... a steady stream of guests arrived for 4.5 hours... love you all.

Wilber welcomes my guests...

love my sea of assorted Hosta

my fountain, now on the fritch, showcases white geraniums... how lucky am I?
I hope you enjoyed my front gardens and front entry space. Most of the guests asked a common question, "is this how it always looks out here?" The answer, "yes, everything in the gardens and out front is outside all summer, and some all winter, except the table settings and glassware." The bare ware and entertainment items of course change, depending on who I am entertaining... in other words, I do mix it up a bit.
I will post the inside and out back as soon as I can get the pictures loaded.

No comments:

Layer it on. Change it up.

Time for a refresh. Have you ever looked at an area in your house and thought I am done looking at that mess.   Or maybe it's just time...