So I started by making my list...as you all know I love and live by "The List"
Family, career, things I love, food, drink. Big Categories. As I sat in bed last night reading and eating my beloved gummy bears, I thought...oh, I'll have to mention I love to read, and that I love gummy bears, and that....good golly, I could go on forever and I'm sure you would rather look at pictures. So here is the skinny...
1. Jerry and I have been friends for 28 years. We've been together as a couple for 26 years. Yikes. We have two - boy - children. Logan 24 & Daniel 18. Both gorgeous, fun, world- at-their-feet-kinda-boys. My little hound, Madison, Love Her! She drives everyone crazy with her bad habits and bad breath...she's been known to down a few gummy bears herself.
2. Career. Not to bore you but I am an advanced practice nurse. I work in one of our major metropolitan hospitals here in the Twin Cities. My specialty is in Cardiac Surgery. I work with two great surgeons, Dr. Christopher Heck and Dr. Michael King.
I also own and run the Round Barn Potting Company. I am starting my 3rd year as the "new owner." I'll forever be the new owner even tho. the Potting Co. never existed before me. The Barn; however, has housed 3 other businesses before me, so there you go... "new owner."
3. Things that bring me joy in life...besides a major league busy day at my Barn....are gardening, shopping, and reading. My compulsions are making lists and then breaking the lists down into new lists and then redoing the list as the day goes on... crazy (or so my husband tells me) ... I also Love getting my hair done.
4. Things I buy when I am out besides flowers and books... Vintage tee's. Love them. I am a sucker. I buy them by the handful. I wear 2-3 at a time sometimes. Also, handbags...most times they are only used for a week or two and then I land upon another "omg...I have to have it...it will be the last one I ever buy and I'll use it Forever!! I promise..." My next goal, is to design my own line of bags...it's good to have goals, right? Even if you're to busy for laundry and such... and I can't leave out the jewelry and shoes...oh, and coats, in the Fall. Good thing I have two full time jobs!
5. Something new to me that I am learning to enjoy is food. I know, you are thinking what the... but food has always been just filler to me. Eat when you need something, find something fast and easy, and then get back to what you were doing before the interruption. My husband is teaching me how to take the time and enjoy food...and I am figuring it out. Food is wonderful...as long as he prepares it! Wine, beer or margaritas are also my drinks of choice.
6. My newest pleasure that I need mentioning is blogging. Thanks to all of you...
I'll have to ponder my tagging obligation...
...gotta run. Hugs, Lori
Happy 70th Birthday Mom